About this poster
A very rare and beautiful stone lithograph by Otto Baumberger promoting the Swiss federal railways and the Gotthard line. Baumberger, who regarded himself primarily as a painter, created posters merely to generate some income. Nevertheless, he produced a magnificent body of more than 200 posters, distinguished not by any single style, but by stylistic diversity - each perfectly suited to the client’s needs.
Artist: Otto Baumberger
Otto Baumberger was born in Zurich in 1889. He served an apprenticeship as a lithographer and took courses at the Zurich Art School (Kunstgewerbeschule) from 1905 to 1907. After that, he studied at the Art Schools of Munich and Paris until 1910. From 1911 to 1913, he worked at the printing company J.E. Wolfensberger as a draughtsman and artistic director. Then, until the start of the First World War, he had his ow... more
Otto Baumberger was born in Zurich in 1889. He served an apprenticeship as a lithographer and took courses at the Zurich Art School (Kunstgewerbeschule) from ...
- Poster No.: 3733
- Company: Schweizerische Bundesbahnen, SBB CFF FFS, Bern, CH
- Brand:Gotthardbahn - Gotthard Railway
- Printer: Graphische Anstalt J. E. Wolfensberger AG, Zürich, CH
- Size: 128 x 90 cm / 50.4 x 35.4″
- Printing technique:Stone lithograph in colours
Very good condition. Picture preserved completely. Wrinkles and small tears, if any, restricted to edges.
- Publications:Reihe Schweizer Plakatgestalter 4 - Otto Baumberger 1889 - 1961
up to CHF5000 / EUR 5000 / USD 5000 (recommended price)