About this poster
Hugo Laubi is well known for the posters he created for famous resorts such as St. Moritz and Arosa. His artistic skills as a master of poster design in the 1920s and 1930s must have won him this commission: this lovely poster done in Laubi’s typical painting technique features a rosy-cheeked girl dressed head to toe in knitted garments from Schaffhausen wool.
Artist: Hugo Laubi
Hugo Laubi was born in 1888 in Zurich, where he worked as an illustrator, painter and graphic artist until he died in 1959. He studied in Munich and Paris and worked as a graphic artist in London in 1911. In 1918 he became the director of the printing and lithography company Gebr. Fretz in Zurich and also worked as a freelance graphic artist. In 1920 he went to Philadelphia and New York. Laubi’s work as an illus... more
Hugo Laubi was born in 1888 in Zurich, where he worked as an illustrator, painter and graphic artist until he died in 1959. He studied in Munich and Paris an ...
- Poster No.: 3959
- Company: Schoeller Albers AG, Schaffhauser Wolle, Schaffhausen, CH
- Brand:Schaffhauser Wolle, Schaffhausen, CH
- Printer: Gebr. Fretz AG, Zürich
- Size: 128 x 90 cm / 50.4 x 35.4″
- Printing technique:Stone lithograph in colours
Very good condition. Picture preserved. Wrinkles and small tears, if any, restricted to edges. Mounted on acid-free Japanese vellum.
- Publications:Schaffhauser Wolle - Eine Marke macht Geschichte - Plakate 1924 - 1989