About this poster
In the early 20th century, the Suchard chocolate company published a series of posters featuring views of famous Swiss travel destinations. These were the first photographic travel posters in Switzerland, and very early considering that photography only really began to be used in posters from the 1930s. The Suchard posters were printed using the photochrom process, which was invented at the Orell Füssli printing company in Zurich in the 1880s. This rare historic poster from 1906 shows a beautiful view of Chillon Castle on Lake Geneva and the Dent du Midi in the background. A rare gem of Swiss poster history.
- Poster No.: 4181
- Company: Chocolat Suchard S.A., Neuenburg, CH
- Brand:Chocolat Suchard S.A., Neuenburg, CH (Kraft Food UK)
- Printer: Orell-Füssli, Zürich
- Size: 108 x 71 cm / 42.5 x 28″
- Printing technique:Heliography
Reasonably fair condition. Picture preserved. Wrinkles and tears possible. Mounted on acid-free Japanese vellum.