About this poster
A picturesque, lovely and stylish view of Lake Lucerne, designed as an advertising poster in the Art Deco style by the talented Zurich poster artist Otto Baumberger. This historic travel poster is very rare to find and belongs in the collection of every collector and lover of fine 1920s stone lithographs. French language version from 1928.
Artist: Otto Baumberger
Otto Baumberger was born in Zurich in 1889. He served an apprenticeship as a lithographer and took courses at the Zurich Art School (Kunstgewerbeschule) from 1905 to 1907. After that, he studied at the Art Schools of Munich and Paris until 1910. From 1911 to 1913, he worked at the printing company J.E. Wolfensberger as a draughtsman and artistic director. Then, until the start of the First World War, he had his ow... more
Otto Baumberger was born in Zurich in 1889. He served an apprenticeship as a lithographer and took courses at the Zurich Art School (Kunstgewerbeschule) from ...
- Poster No.: 1768
- Company: Schweizerische Verkehrszentrale, SVZ - Schweizerische Zentrale für Verkehrsförderung, SZV - Swiss National Tourist Office, Zurich, CH
- Printer: Graphische Anstalt J. E. Wolfensberger AG, Zürich, CH
- Size: 127 x 90 cm / 50 x 35.4″
- Printing technique:Stone lithograph in colours
Reasonably fair condition. Picture preserved. Wrinkles and tears possible. Mounted on acid-free Japanese vellum.
- Publications:Museum für Gestaltung Zürich - Poster Collection 18 - Otto Baumberger
Reihe Schweizer Plakatgestalter 4 - Otto Baumberger 1889 - 1961