About this poster
What a unique and humorous way to advertise! This rare vintage poster by the well-known graphic designer Hugo Laubi, who created numerous posters for St. Moritz and Arosa, shows the various winter sports that can be enjoyed in the travel resort of Arosa: skiing, ice-skating, ice hockey, bobsleighing and curling.
Artist: Hugo Laubi
Hugo Laubi was born in 1888 in Zurich, where he worked as an illustrator, painter and graphic artist until he died in 1959. He studied in Munich and Paris and worked as a graphic artist in London in 1911. In 1918 he became the director of the printing and lithography company Gebr. Fretz in Zurich and also worked as a freelance graphic artist. In 1920 he went to Philadelphia and New York. Laubi’s work as an illus... more
Hugo Laubi was born in 1888 in Zurich, where he worked as an illustrator, painter and graphic artist until he died in 1959. He studied in Munich and Paris an ...
- Poster No.: 2437
- Company: Verkehrsverein Arosa, CH
- Brand:AROSA - Graubünden / Grisons - CH
- Printer: J.C. Müller AG, Zürich
- Size: 102 x 64 cm / 40.2 x 25.2″
- Printing technique:Stone lithograph in colours
Excellent condition. Picture preserved completely.
- Publications:Geschichte des Bündner Tourismus im Spiegel der Plakate von 1890 bis heute (Diplomarbeit)
Graubünden im Plakat - Tourismuswerbung 1890 bis heute