About this poster
This wonderful and most rare Art Deco poster by Otto Baumberger gives the viewer a beautiful view of Zürich, the metropole of Switzerland. One would expect such centre for business to be portrayed quite differently, but the Zurich native and famous Baumberger here had chosen a different approach. He is showing a lovely lake side view with colourful roof tops, churches and the snowy Alps in the background, with a bank nowhere to be seen.
Artist: Otto Baumberger
Otto Baumberger was born in Zurich in 1889. He served an apprenticeship as a lithographer and took courses at the Zurich Art School (Kunstgewerbeschule) from 1905 to 1907. After that, he studied at the Art Schools of Munich and Paris until 1910. From 1911 to 1913, he worked at the printing company J.E. Wolfensberger as a draughtsman and artistic director. Then, until the start of the First World War, he had his ow... more
Otto Baumberger was born in Zurich in 1889. He served an apprenticeship as a lithographer and took courses at the Zurich Art School (Kunstgewerbeschule) from ...
- Poster No.: 2228
- Company: Schweizerische Verkehrszentrale, SVZ - Schweizerische Zentrale für Verkehrsförderung, SZV - Swiss National Tourist Office, Zurich, CH
- Printer: Graphische Anstalt J. E. Wolfensberger AG, Zürich, CH
- Size: 103 x 65 cm / 40.6 x 25.6″
- Printing technique:Lithograph in colours
- Publications:Gut zum Druck. Kunst und Werbung bei Wolfensberger
Museum für Gestaltung Zürich - Poster Collection 18 - Otto Baumberger
Reihe Schweizer Plakatgestalter 4 - Otto Baumberger 1889 - 1961
Touristikplakate der Schweiz - Affiches touristiques de la Suisse - Tourism Posters of Switzerland 1880-1940