About this poster
150 years ago in Schaffhausen, the success story of a simple skein of wool yarn began. Thanks to high quality and an innovative advertising strategy, the “Schaffhauser Wolle” brand became a part of Swiss everyday culture. Due to the transformation and declining importance of the Swiss textile industry and the market for hand-knitting yarn, the production of “Schaffhauser Wolle” yarn was discontinued in the early 1990s. A number of colourful, imaginative posters remain as a reminder of how times have changed.
Artist: Willy Trapp
After a four-year training as a graphic designer, Willy Trapp studied at the Kunstakademie Wien and was subsequently employed at Wolfensberger printers. In 1954 he became self-employed and worked as a graphic artist for Swiss banks and the tourism industry.
After a four-year training as a graphic designer, Willy Trapp studied at the Kunstakademie Wien and was subsequently employed at Wolfensberger printers. In 19 ...
- Poster No.: 4032
- Company: Schoeller Albers AG, Schaffhauser Wolle, Schaffhausen, CH
- Brand:Schaffhauser Wolle, Schaffhausen, CH
- Printer: Graphische Anstalt J. E. Wolfensberger AG, Zürich, CH
- Size: 128 x 90 cm / 50.4 x 35.4″
- Printing technique:Stone lithograph in colours
Excellent condition. Picture preserved completely.
- Publications:Schaffhauser Wolle - Eine Marke macht Geschichte - Plakate 1924 - 1989