About this poster
150 years ago in Schaffhausen, the success story of a simple skein of wool yarn began. Thanks to high quality and an innovative advertising strategy, the “Schaffhauser Wolle” brand became a part of Swiss everyday culture. Due to the transformation and declining importance of the Swiss textile industry and the market for hand-knitting yarn, the production of “Schaffhauser Wolle” yarn was discontinued in the early 1990s. A number of colourful, imaginative posters remain as a reminder of how times have changed. PLAKAT NR. 4482
Artist: Hans Looser
Gaphic Designer, opened his advertising agency in Zurich and was partner of the legendary agency Farner in Zurich.
- Poster No.: 4263
- Company: Schoeller Albers AG, Schaffhauser Wolle, Schaffhausen, CH
- Brand:Schaffhauser Wolle, Schaffhausen, CH
- Printer: J.C. Müller AG, Zürich
- Size: 128 x 90 cm / 50.4 x 35.4″
- Printing technique:Lithograph in colours
Very good condition. Picture preserved completely. Wrinkles and small tears, if any, restricted to edges.
- Publications:Schaffhauser Wolle - Eine Marke macht Geschichte - Plakate 1924 - 1989