About this poster
Locarno-born Daniele Buzzi shows an irresistibly lovely view of a characteristic Ticino village with a group of villagers gathered in the sun near a typical wayside shrine. A beloved and rare design by the founder of Ticinese poster art.
Artist: Daniele Buzzi
Daniele Buzzi was born in Locarno in 1890 and died in Lausanne in 1974. He studied at the engineering school (Technikum) in Winterthur and then worked at Oerlikon-Bührle. From 1927 he was employed in Lausanne at the electric power company of Western Switzerland, where he worked as an engineer, technician and architect until 1963. From 1931 to 1936 he was involved in the first Grande Dixence Dam project. Daniele B... more
Daniele Buzzi was born in Locarno in 1890 and died in Lausanne in 1974. He studied at the engineering school (Technikum) in Winterthur and then worked at Oerl ...
- Poster No.: 1614
- Company: Associazione Cantonale per il Turismo, CH
- Printer: Trüb-Druck, Aarau - Lugano
- Size: 102 x 65 cm / 40.2 x 25.6″
- Printing technique:Lithograph in colours
Very good condition. Picture preserved completely. Wrinkles and small tears, if any, restricted to edges.
- Publications:50 Jahre Schweizer Plakate, ausgezeichnet vom Eidg. Dep. des Innern - 50 years Swiss Posters selected by the Federal Department of Home Affairs
Manifesti sul Ticino
Swiss Posters from Historism to Computer Design - Basel Poster Collection