About this poster
This athletic young woman in the red bathing costume might have been one of the more adventurous ladies at the Lucerne Lido in the 1930s! Her dynamic position shows the excitement of the new waterskiing sport and also corresponds generally to the way athletes were depicted in the pre-war period. At the same time, the sunbathers and the snowy mountain tops in the background give this rare Art Deco design a feeling of relaxed and carefree enjoyment.
- Poster No.: 1750
- Company: Verkehrsverein Luzern, CH
- Printer: A. Trüb & Co. Aarau
- Size: 128 x 90 cm / 50.4 x 35.4″
- Printing technique:Stone lithograph in colours
Very good condition. Picture preserved. Wrinkles and small tears, if any, restricted to edges. Mounted on acid-free Japanese vellum.
- Publications:Paradis à vendre - Un siècle d‘affiches touristiques suisses