About this poster
This is a classic and traditional travel poster of the Südostbahn (South Eastern Railway) by Otto Baumberger. The picturesque landscape and the beautiful colouring makes this very rare stone lithograph highly collectible.
Artist: Otto Baumberger
Otto Baumberger was born in Zurich in 1889. He served an apprenticeship as a lithographer and took courses at the Zurich Art School (Kunstgewerbeschule) from 1905 to 1907. After that, he studied at the Art Schools of Munich and Paris until 1910. From 1911 to 1913, he worked at the printing company J.E. Wolfensberger as a draughtsman and artistic director. Then, until the start of the First World War, he had his ow... more
Otto Baumberger was born in Zurich in 1889. He served an apprenticeship as a lithographer and took courses at the Zurich Art School (Kunstgewerbeschule) from ...
- Poster No.: 2048
- Company: Schweizerische Südostbahn AG, St. Galllen, CH
- Printer: J.C. Müller AG, Zürich
- Size: 101.5 x 64 cm / 40 x 25.2″
- Printing technique:Stone lithograph in colours
Excellent condition. Picture preserved completely.
- Publications:Reihe Schweizer Plakatgestalter 4 - Otto Baumberger 1889 - 1961