About this poster
The Matterhorn in one of the most famous mountains not just in Switzerland but all over the world. With it’s instantly recognizeable shape it makes Zermatt one of the most picturesque holiday place there is. This image by François Gos beautifully captures the rustic and romantic atmosphere Zermatt, which the town has managed to maintain throughout the years.
Artist: François Gos
The Swiss painter François Gos dedicated a lot of his time to painting his favourite subject: the Matterhorn. His travel posters for Zermatt stand out because of their fine colouring and precision and are greatly coveted today.
The Swiss painter François Gos dedicated a lot of his time to painting his favourite subject: the Matterhorn. His travel posters for Zermatt stand out becau ...
- Poster No.: 1849
- Company: Schweizerische Verkehrszentrale, SVZ - Schweizerische Zentrale für Verkehrsförderung, SZV - Swiss National Tourist Office, Zurich, CH
- Brand:Zermatt, Wallis / Valais, CH
- Printer: Säuberlin & Pfeiffer S.A., Vevey, CH
- Size: 102 x 68.5 cm / 40.2 x 27″
- Printing technique:Stone lithograph in colours
Excellent condition. Picture preserved completely. Wrinkles and small tears, if any, restricted to edges. Mounted on acid-free Japanese vellum.
- Publications:Affiches Valaisannes - Walliser Plakate
Die Alpen auf Plakaten