About this poster
Muottas Muragl lies in the Engadine at an altitude of 2456 metres. Passengers were first taken up by funicular in 1907. Muottas Muragl offers a breathtaking view of the valley, with Samedan, Pontresina, Celerina and Sils, and of the Maloja pass and the Engadine mountain range. This splendid, colourful 1937 poster lithograph by Wilhelm Burger is one of the most beautiful and rare Engadine original vintage posters.
Artist: Wilhelm Friedrich Burger
The Swiss artist Wilhelm Friedrich Burger (1882-1964) was famous for his posters featuring beautiful mountain landscapes rendered in a clear, delicate style.
The Swiss artist Wilhelm Friedrich Burger (1882-1964) was famous for his posters featuring beautiful mountain landscapes rendered in a clear, delicate style.< ...
- Poster No.: 4416
- Company: Verkehrsverein Heiden. CH
- Printer: J.C. Müller AG, Zürich
- Size: 98.5 x 68.5 cm / 38.8 x 27″
- Printing technique:Stone lithograph in colours
Excellent condition. Picture preserved completely. Wrinkles and small tears, if any, restricted to edges. Mounted on acid-free Japanese vellum.
- Publications:Touristikplakate der Schweiz - Affiches touristiques de la Suisse - Tourism Posters of Switzerland 1880-1940