About this poster
A wooden ski and a ski stick painted with national flags point skywards and a Swiss flag waves in the cold mountain breeze. In the background, we find an idyllic scene that includes a number of Swiss symbols: a snowy mountaintop, a mountain village beneath a railway viaduct, a funicular, winter activities going on at an ice-skating rink, grand hotels and ski slopes. A Swiss pre-war winter scene painted by Alois Carigiet in 1937.
Artist: Alois Carigiet
The graphic designer, painter and illustrator Alois Carigiet was born in Trun (Grisons) in 1902 and came to Chur with his family in 1911. After finishing an apprenticeship as a stage painter in Chur, he went to work for a renowned graphic design studio in Zurich from 1923 to 1927. In 1927 he opened his own studio in Zurich, where he spent the next 12 years doing graphic design commissions for tourism, consumer goo... more
The graphic designer, painter and illustrator Alois Carigiet was born in Trun (Grisons) in 1902 and came to Chur with his family in 1911. After finishing an ...
- Poster No.: 3475
- Company: Schweizerische Verkehrszentrale, SVZ - Schweizerische Zentrale für Verkehrsförderung, SZV - Swiss National Tourist Office, Zurich, CH
- Brand:GRAUBÜNDEN - GRISONS
- Printer: Ringier & Cie. AG, Zofingen
- Size: 102 x 64 cm / 40.2 x 25.2″
- Printing technique:Photogravure Printing - Intaglio Print
Very good condition. Picture preserved completely. Wrinkles and small tears, if any, restricted to edges.
- Publications:A Century of Swiss Winter Sports Posters