About this poster
Opened in 1882, the Gotthard Railway became a crucial connector between northern and southern Europe, running from Lake Lucerne in central Switzerland to the lakes of Ticino and northern Italy. Early 20th-century advertisements for the Gotthard Railway showed breath-taking alpine landscapes alongside exotic Mediterranean scenes and promised adventure and excitement as well as reliability and comfort – and this original Art Nouveau poster with the 1903 timetable and this allegorical goddess of rail travel paired with Italian chic of the time is a perfect example.
- Poster No.: 4182
- Company: Schweizerische Bundesbahnen, SBB CFF FFS, Bern, CH
- Brand:Gotthardbahn - Gotthard Railway
- Printer: Arti Grafiche Chiattone Milano
- Size: 129 x 74 cm / 50.8 x 29.1″
- Printing technique:Lithograph in colours
Very good condition. Picture preserved completely. Wrinkles and small tears, if any, restricted to edges.
up to CHF4000 / EUR 4000 / USD 4000 (recommended price)