About this poster
The new desire to travel by train? This rare poster lithograph from 1906 shows a timetable for the Gotthard Railway compiled with meticulous precision and an allegorical goddess of rail travel. The Gotthard Railway - built from 1872 to 1882 - also changed the culture of travel. Alpine travel, however, became a pleasure for the masses.
- Poster No.: 1211
- Company: Schweizerische Bundesbahnen, SBB CFF FFS, Bern, CH
- Brand:Gotthardbahn - Gotthard Railway
- Printer: Arti Grafiche Chiattone Milano
- Size: 127 x 74 cm / 50 x 29.1″
- Printing technique:Lithograph in colours
Very good condition. Picture preserved. Wrinkles and small tears, if any, restricted to edges. Mounted on acid-free Japanese vellum.
- Publications:Der Kluge reist im Zuge - Hundert Jahre SBB
Swiss Posters from Historism to Computer Design - Basel Poster Collection