About this poster
The Belgian painter, graphic designer, university lecturer and publisher De Praetere was a student of Henry van de Velde. In 1906 he moved from Krefeld to Zurich, where he became the director of the School of Arts and Crafts and its museum. Two posters are known to have been designed by De Praetere: the poster for the Carlton Restaurant in Zurich and the “Taxameter 10’000” advertisement for Welti-Furrer, which is considered an absolute rarity.
- Poster No.: 4241
- Company: Welti-Furrer A.G. Zürich
- Printer: Gebr. Fretz A.G. Zürich
- Size: 125.7 x 89.8 cm / 49.5 x 35.4″
- Printing technique:Stone lithograph in colours
Excellent condition. Picture preserved completely.
- Publications:Affiches de l’Automobile
Ferdinand Hodler und das Schweizer Künstlerplakat 1890-1920
up to CHF10000 / EUR 10000 / USD 10000 (recommended price)