About this poster
This pretty and decorative poster lithograph was designed in 1937 by Alois Carigiet, the famous painter, writer and poster designer from the Grisons. The straw sunhat decorated with alpine flowers is one of the most striking poster designs he ever created. This poster was printed in different versions with German, French, Italian and English texts.
Artist: Alois Carigiet
The graphic designer, painter and illustrator Alois Carigiet was born in Trun (Grisons) in 1902 and came to Chur with his family in 1911. After finishing an apprenticeship as a stage painter in Chur, he went to work for a renowned graphic design studio in Zurich from 1923 to 1927. In 1927 he opened his own studio in Zurich, where he spent the next 12 years doing graphic design commissions for tourism, consumer goo... more
The graphic designer, painter and illustrator Alois Carigiet was born in Trun (Grisons) in 1902 and came to Chur with his family in 1911. After finishing an ...
- Poster No.: 1745
- Company: Schweizerische Verkehrszentrale, SVZ - Schweizerische Zentrale für Verkehrsförderung, SZV - Swiss National Tourist Office, Zurich, CH
- Printer: Graphische Anstalt J. E. Wolfensberger AG, Zürich, CH
- Size: 102 x 64 cm / 40.2 x 25.2″
- Printing technique:Lithograph in colours
Excellent condition. Picture preserved completely.
- Publications:Alois Carigiet
Gut zum Druck. Kunst und Werbung bei Wolfensberger
Objets - Réalismes - Affiches Suisses 1905-1950