About this poster
The Swiss painter Wilhelm Friedrich Burger was known for a precise, painterly and sensitive design of mountain motifs and landscape posters. Famous are his works for the Jungfrau Railway, the Engadine or the Alpine post buses like this motif from 1937 which was printed in verious languages. Rare, perfect colour lithograph in French language version.
Artist: Wilhelm Friedrich Burger
Wilhelm Friedrich Burger was born in Zurich in 1882. He apprenticed as a lithographer and then studied at the Zurich school of arts and crafts and at the academy in Karlsruhe. In the first decade of the 20th century he worked as a graphic designer in London, New York, Philadelphia and Boston. In 1913 he settled in Rüschlikon on Lake Zurich. Burger was a specialist for landscape posters and famous for his beautifu... more
Wilhelm Friedrich Burger was born in Zurich in 1882. He apprenticed as a lithographer and then studied at the Zurich school of arts and crafts and at the acad ...
- Poster No.: 2446
- Company: PTT Schweizerische Post, Bern, CH
- Brand:PTT - POSTAUTO - Postbus - Swiss Postal Coaches
- Printer: J.C. Müller AG, Zürich
- Size: 100 x 62 cm / 39.4 x 24.4″
- Printing technique:Stone lithograph in colours
Excellent condition. Picture preserved completely.
- Publications:Das Schweizer Plakat - L‘affiche suisse - The Swiss Poster