Swissair – The quickest way to go abroad
Artist: Henry Ott
Size: 102 x 64 cm / 40.2 x 25.2″
About this poster
In 1946, Swissair ordered the first four-engine DC-4, which landed in Geneva from New York. In the same year, airline traffic started being moved from Dübendorf to Kloten, although the new Zurich-Kloten airport was only inaugurated in 1953. This lovely and historically important original poster was created by Henri Ott in 1948 to promote Swissair’s DC-4 with the slogan “the quickest way to go abroad - Swissair”.
- Poster No.: 3085
- Company: Schweizerische Luftverkehr-Aktiengesellschaft, Swissair, Kloten, CH
- Printer: Bollmann Jacques AG Zürich
- Size: 102 x 64 cm / 40.2 x 25.2″
- Printing technique:Coloured linocut
Excellent condition. Picture preserved completely.
- Publications:Conquering the skies in Swiss poster art