About this poster
An impressive poster for Swissair at the time when the four-engine jetliner Convair 990 Coronado was introduced: it was created by Manfred Bingler and photographed by Emil Schulthess and has a very strong impact with a symbol referring to Japan with the sunrise in the Far East.
Artist: Bingler Manfred & Schulthess Emil
Manfred Bingler was born in Constance in 1928 and died in 1987 in Küsnacht. After studying photography at the ‘Kunstgewerbeschule’ (School of Arts and Crafts) in Zurich from 1948 to 1953, Bingler worked as a photographer for Conzett & Huber and then for Swissair. From 1960 to 1963, he created outstanding posters for Swissair. In 1964, he founded his own studio for commercial photography. Many of his work... more
Manfred Bingler was born in Constance in 1928 and died in 1987 in Küsnacht. After studying photography at the ‘Kunstgewerbeschule’ (School of Arts and C ...
- Poster No.: 3404
- Company: Schweizerische Luftverkehr-Aktiengesellschaft, Swissair, Kloten, CH
- Printer: Graphische Anstalt J. E. Wolfensberger AG, Zürich, CH
- Size: 102 x 64 cm / 40.2 x 25.2″
- Printing technique:Offset print
Very good condition. Picture preserved. Wrinkles and small tears, if any, restricted to edges. Mounted on acid-free Japanese vellum.
- Publications:50 Jahre Schweizer Plakate, ausgezeichnet vom Eidg. Dep. des Innern - 50 years Swiss Posters selected by the Federal Department of Home Affairs
Paradis à vendre - Un siècle d‘affiches touristiques suisses
Schweizer Plakatkunst - Swiss Poster Art - Die besten Plakate der Jahre 1941-1965