About this poster
One of the most spectacular event in St. Moritz is the Horse racing called the White Turf on the frozen lake below St. Moritz which was first held in 1907 and attracts lots of famous jet- setters from all over the world. Hugo Laubi created quite a few posters for this event with this one he chose a more classic representation resembling english style prints and watercolours.
Artist: Hugo Laubi
Hugo Laubi was born in 1888 in Zurich, where he worked as an illustrator, painter and graphic artist until he died in 1959. He studied in Munich and Paris and worked as a graphic artist in London in 1911. In 1918 he became the director of the printing and lithography company Gebr. Fretz in Zurich and also worked as a freelance graphic artist. In 1920 he went to Philadelphia and New York. Laubi’s work as an illus... more
Hugo Laubi was born in 1888 in Zurich, where he worked as an illustrator, painter and graphic artist until he died in 1959. He studied in Munich and Paris an ...
- Poster No.: 3321
- Company: Rennverein St. Moritz, CH
- Brand:ST. MORITZ WHITE TURF, Graubünden / Grisons, CH
- Printer: Gebr. Fretz AG, Zürich
- Size: 100 x 70 cm / 39.4 x 27.6″
- Printing technique:Lithograph in colours
Excellent condition. Picture preserved completely.
- Publications:Flyer Plakatausstellung „100 Jahre Pferderennen St. Moritz“ 2006-2007