About this poster
Even the sun loves skiing in St. Moritz! This funny 1948 advertisement by Franco Barberis for a Swiss ski racing championship features the legendary St. Moritz sun logo as the head of a stylised ski racer. Decorative, colourful and perfectly lithographed.
Artist: Franco Barberis
The Italian-SwissTicino-born Franco BARBERIS worked between 1922 and 1926 as a graphic designer for the shoe brand Bally between 1922 and 1926;, then later he worked freelance asbecame a fashion creator designer, as a advertising graphic designer and and as an illustrator and cartoonist for Swiss newspapers like Sport and, Nebelspalter as well as many numerous children’s books. Barberis became received lots ofm... more
The Italian-SwissTicino-born Franco BARBERIS worked between 1922 and 1926 as a graphic designer for the shoe brand Bally between 1922 and 1926;, then later h ...
- Poster No.: 4059
- Company: Verkehrsverein St. Moritz, CH
- Brand:ST. MORITZ - GRISONS, CH
- Printer: J.C. Müller AG, Zürich
- Size: 101.7 x 63.6 cm / 40 x 25″
- Printing technique:Stone lithograph in colours
Excellent condition. Picture preserved completely.
- Publications:Graubünden im Plakat - Tourismuswerbung 1890 bis heute