About this poster
A huge calendar floating before a summery mountain landscape: with this design, the renowned Swiss artist Alois Carigiet created an expressive piece of travel advertising for the famous resort of St. Moritz. The message is clear with minimal text: guests can enjoy themselves in St. Moritz all summer long – from June through September.
Artist: Alois Carigiet
The graphic designer, painter and illustrator Alois Carigiet was born in Trun (Grisons) in 1902 and came to Chur with his family in 1911. After finishing an apprenticeship as a stage painter in Chur, he went to work for a renowned graphic design studio in Zurich from 1923 to 1927. In 1927 he opened his own studio in Zurich, where he spent the next 12 years doing graphic design commissions for tourism, consumer goo... more
The graphic designer, painter and illustrator Alois Carigiet was born in Trun (Grisons) in 1902 and came to Chur with his family in 1911. After finishing an ...
- Poster No.: 1891
- Company: Verkehrsverein St. Moritz, CH (früher Kurverein St. Moritz)
- Brand:ST. MORITZ - GRISONS, CH
- Printer: Eidenbenz & Co. St. Gallen
- Size: 102 x 64 cm / 40.2 x 25.2″
- Printing technique:Lithograph in colours
Very good condition. Picture preserved. Wrinkles and small tears, if any, restricted to edges. Mounted on acid-free Japanese vellum.
- Publications:Graubünden im Plakat - Tourismuswerbung 1890 bis heute