Artist: Artist unknown
Size: 97 x 70 cm / 38.2 x 27.6″
Price: up to CHF3000 (recommended price)
About this poster
The history of Siena was written on the Piazza del Campo, or better "il Campo" as the Sienese call it. Here they organized their spectacular and terrible "games", which were later replaced by the Palio. The market used to take place here. Il Campo has witnessed the passage of memorable people in the history of Siena: Santa Caterina, the mystical saint closely associated with the image of Siena, as well as artists such as Simone Martini or Jacopo della Quercia. The rare historical poster was designed in the 1920s by an unknown artist.
- Poster No.: 1677
- Company: Ferrovie dello Stato, ENIT, Italia
- Brand:Ferrovie dello Stato, ENIT, Italien / Italy
- Printer: Richter & C. Napoli
- Size: 97 x 70 cm / 38.2 x 27.6″
- Printing technique:Lithograph in colours
Excellent condition. Picture preserved completely. Wrinkles and small tears, if any, restricted to edges. Mounted on acid-free Japanese vellum.
- Publications:Italia manifesta - Il volto dell‘Italia attraverso i manifesti
Travel Italia - The Golden Age of Italian Travel Posters
up to CHF3000 (recommended price)