About this poster
This striky Art Deco poster was designed by Willy Trapp for the 50th anniversary of the Gotthard railway line. After ten years of construction work, the 16-kilometre Gotthard tunnel was opened in 1882 – one of the most important events in the world of transportation of the 19th century. The start of the operation of the railway was followed by an economic boom on either side of the Alps.
Artist: Willy Trapp
After a four-year training as a graphic designer, Willy Trapp studied at the Kunstakademie Wien and was subsequently employed at Wolfensberger printers. In 1954 he became self-employed and worked as a graphic artist for Swiss banks and the tourism industry.
After a four-year training as a graphic designer, Willy Trapp studied at the Kunstakademie Wien and was subsequently employed at Wolfensberger printers. In 1 ...
- Poster No.: 2868
- Company: Schweizerische Bundesbahnen, SBB CFF FFS, Bern, CH
- Brand:Gotthardbahn - Gotthard Railway
- Printer: Graphische Anstalt J. E. Wolfensberger AG, Zürich, CH
- Size: 102 x 64 cm / 40.2 x 25.2″
- Printing technique:Lithograph in colours
Excellent condition. Picture preserved completely.
- Publications:Werbestil 1930 -1940. Die alltägliche Bildsprache eines Jahrzehnts.