Santa Caterina del Sasso – Lake Maggiore
Artist: Artist unknown
Size: 99 x 69 cm / 39 x 27.2″
Price: up to CHF3000 (recommended price)
About this poster
Santa Caterina del Sasso was originally a hermitage. Today it belongs to the Italian municipality of Leggiuno in the province of Varese and is located directly on Lake Maggiore. In the 13th century, the Dominican monks converted the building into a monastery, which became a popular destination for pilgrims. This poster image shows the venerable hermitage on its dramatically situated rocky ledge bathed in a warm afternoon light, a picturesque scene which awakens the imagination and invites the viewer on a contemplative yet adventurous pilgrimage.
- Poster No.: 5561
- Company: Ferrovie dello Stato, ENIT, Italia
- Brand:Ferrovie dello Stato, ENIT, Italien / Italy
- Printer: Richter & C. Napoli
- Size: 99 x 69 cm / 39 x 27.2″
- Printing technique:Lithograph in colours
Excellent condition. Picture preserved completely. Wrinkles and small tears, if any, restricted to edges. Mounted on acid-free Japanese vellum.
- Publications:Travel Italia - The Golden Age of Italian Travel Posters
up to CHF3000 (recommended price)