PLM – Chemins de Fer à Crémaillère – De Chamonix au Montenvers
Artist: Roger Soubie
Size: 98 x 58 cm / 38.6 x 22.8″
About this poster
Chamonix lies a the foot of Mont Blanc, the highes mountain in Europe. If offers exciting winter sport activities like skiing and the best of climbing in the summer. Around these activities a large and sprawling town has grown up, with a mixture of tall, modern buildings and old-style architecture. Chamonix became famous in 1786 with the first ascent of Mont Blanc. Subsequently, it was host to the first Winter Olympic Games in 1924.
- Poster No.: 3570
- Company: Chemins de fer Paris-Lyon-Méditerranée, P. L. M., FR
- Printer: Etablissements Delattre Paris
- Size: 98 x 58 cm / 38.6 x 22.8″
- Printing technique:Lithograph in colours
Excellent condition. Picture preserved completely.
- Publications:Affiches de Sports d’Hiver
Affiches du Chemin de Fer
La Montagne s’affiche
Les Alpes à l’Affiche