About this poster
Alex W. Diggelmann was known from the 1930s to the 1950s as a designer of numerous travel posters which are highly sought-after today. His Interlaken poster is one of the most wonderful lithographs from the Bernese Oberland region. This is the English version of the vintage poster.
Artist: Alex Walter Diggelmann
Swiss artist Alex Walter Diggelmann (1902-1987) won three medals in art competitions of the Olympic Games. He was trained as a primary school and art teacher. After studying in Paris and Leipzig, he worked as a commercial artist in Zurich and designed numerous posters for sports and transport. From 1939, he was an art teacher in Zurich. His posters were characterised by a clear, figurative style.
Swiss artist Alex Walter Diggelmann (1902-1987) won three medals in art competitions of the Olympic Games. He was trained as a primary school and art teacher ...
- Poster No.: 5475
- Company: Kur- und Verkehrsverein Interlaken, CH
- Brand:SBB - CFF - FFS - Swiss Federal Railways
- Printer: J.C. Müller AG, Zürich
- Size: 101.7 x 63.7 cm / 40 x 25.1″
- Printing technique:Lithograph in colours
Excellent condition. Picture preserved completely.
- Publications:Tour de Suisse - Eine nostalgische Reise zu den schönsten Plätzen der Schweiz
up to CHF4000 / EUR 4000 / USD 4000 (recommended price)