About this poster
This lovely and decorative vintage poster was designed in 1938 by Alois Cargiet and is titled with Romansch, Switzerland’s forth language. The signpost indicates „spring“, „summer“ and „autumn“ as well a Switzerland’s red cross. In the newly published book „Tour de Suisse“ Carigiet’s poster is printed right at the beginning als first poster reference.
Artist: Alois Carigiet
The graphic designer, painter and illustrator Alois Carigiet was born in Trun (Grisons) in 1902 and came to Chur with his family in 1911. After finishing an apprenticeship as a stage painter in Chur, he went to work for a renowned graphic design studio in Zurich from 1923 to 1927. In 1927 he opened his own studio in Zurich, where he spent the next 12 years doing graphic design commissions for tourism, consumer goo... more
The graphic designer, painter and illustrator Alois Carigiet was born in Trun (Grisons) in 1902 and came to Chur with his family in 1911. After finishing an ...
- Poster No.: 3877
- Company: Schweizerische Verkehrszentrale, SVZ - Schweizerische Zentrale für Verkehrsförderung, SZV - Swiss National Tourist Office, Zurich, CH
- Printer: Ringier & Cie. AG, Zofingen
- Size: 102 x 64 cm / 40.2 x 25.2″
- Printing technique:Photogravure Printing
Very good condition. Picture preserved. Wrinkles and small tears, if any, restricted to edges. Mounted on acid-free Japanese vellum.
- Publications:Schöne Schweiz - Beautiful Switzerland
Tour de Suisse - Eine nostalgische Reise zu den schönsten Plätzen der Schweiz