About this poster
This advertisement for the tourist resort of Flims, with the leaping woman in the foreground and the Surselva valley landscape spreading out behind her, conveys a sense of movement and of space in a simple visual language. (See link to brand “Flims - Caumasee” for more information.)
Artist: Jules Geiger
Julius Geiger was born in Au, St. Gallen in 1898. After a short apprenticeship in Zurich, he opened his own business in Flims. He taught himself to be a photographer and painted landscapes in his leisure time
Julius Geiger was born in Au, St. Gallen in 1898. After a short apprenticeship in Zurich, he opened his own business in Flims. He taught himself to be a photo ...
- Poster No.: 1847
- Company: Verkehrsverein Flims, CH
- Brand:Flims - Caumasee, Graubünden / Grisons, CH
- Printer: WIGA Produktion Wädenswil
- Size: 100.5 x 71 cm / 39.6 x 28″
- Printing technique:Photogravure Printing
Fairly good condition. Picture preserved. Wrinkles and small tears, if any, restricted to edges. Mounted on acid-free Japanese vellum.
- Publications:Der Berg ruft. Wir auch. „Flims im Plakat. Von der Dokumentation zur Evokation“
Graubünden im Plakat - Tourismuswerbung 1890 bis heute