About this poster
This original 1930s poster is picturesque, typographically unique and very rare. The ski tracks in the snow underscore the creativity of the photographer and designer Jules Geiger. The ski resort of Flims is one of the largest and most popular in Switzerland today, and Flims posters from before the Second World War are very hard to find.
Artist: Jules Geiger
Julius Geiger was born in Au, St. Gallen in 1898. After a short apprenticeship in Zurich, he opened his own business in Flims. He taught himself to be a photographer and painted landscapes in his leisure time
Julius Geiger was born in Au, St. Gallen in 1898. After a short apprenticeship in Zurich, he opened his own business in Flims. He taught himself to be a phot ...
- Poster No.: 604
- Company: Verkehrsverein Flims, CH
- Brand:Flims - Laax - Weisse Arena, Graubünden / Grisons, CH
- Printer: Gebr. Fretz AG, Zürich
- Size: 100 x 70 cm / 39.4 x 27.6″
- Printing technique:Lithograph in colours
Very good condition. Picture preserved. Wrinkles and small tears, if any, restricted to edges. Mounted on acid-free Japanese vellum.
- Publications:Geschichte des Bündner Tourismus im Spiegel der Plakate von 1890 bis heute (Diplomarbeit)
Graubünden im Plakat - Tourismuswerbung 1890 bis heute
up to CHF8000 / EUR 8000 / USD 8000 (recommended price)