About this poster
Skiing in Switzerland has most probably changed since the 1930s as far as swinging movements are concerned. The curious bobble hats from the time could be in fashion again today, who knows.
Artist: Hugo Laubi
Hugo Laubi was born in 1888 in Zurich, where he worked as an illustrator, painter and graphic artist until he died in 1959. He studied in Munich and Paris and worked as a graphic artist in London in 1911. In 1918 he became the director of the printing and lithography company Gebr. Fretz in Zurich and also worked as a freelance graphic artist. In 1920 he went to Philadelphia and New York. Laubi’s work as an illus... more
Hugo Laubi was born in 1888 in Zurich, where he worked as an illustrator, painter and graphic artist until he died in 1959. He studied in Munich and Paris an ...
- Poster No.: 978
- Company: Schweizerische Verkehrszentrale, SVZ - Schweizerische Zentrale für Verkehrsförderung, SZV - Swiss National Tourist Office, Zurich, CH
- Printer: Gebr. Fretz A.G. Zürich
- Size: 102 x 62 cm / 40.2 x 24.4″
- Printing technique:Stone lithograph in colours
Very good condition. Picture completely preserved. Wrinkles and tears possible.
- Publications:Die Kunst des Skifahrens
Paradis à vendre - Un siècle d‘affiches touristiques suisses
The Art of Skiing - Vintage Posters from the Golden Age of Winter Sport