About this poster
Stunning in its clear, dynamic design and advertising message, this unique poster by Willy Trapp for the public outdoor swimming pool in Davos from 1931 is a visual masterpiece. A perfect „Wolfsberg“ stone lithograph and a rarity.
Artist: Willy Trapp
After a four-year training as a graphic designer, Willy Trapp studied at the Kunstakademie Wien and was subsequently employed at Wolfensberger printers. In 1954 he became self-employed and worked as a graphic artist for Swiss banks and the tourism industry.
After a four-year training as a graphic designer, Willy Trapp studied at the Kunstakademie Wien and was subsequently employed at Wolfensberger printers. In 19 ...
- Poster No.: 911
- Company: Tourismus Davos - Verkehrsverein Davos, CH
- Brand:Davos, Graubünden / Grisons, CH
- Printer: Graphische Anstalt J. E. Wolfensberger AG, Zürich, CH
- Size: 128 x 90 cm / 50.4 x 35.4″
- Printing technique:Stone lithograph in colours
Very good condition. Picture preserved. Wrinkles and small tears, if any, restricted to edges. Mounted on acid-free Japanese vellum.
- Publications:Museum für Gestaltung Zürich - Poster Collection 21 - Paradies Schweiz
Paradis à vendre - Un siècle d‘affiches touristiques suisses
The Art Deco Poster