About this poster
A poster promoting the international Ice-Skating Competitions in Davos from 1909.
Artist: Walther Koch
German-born Walther Koch moved to Davos in 1898 because of a respiratory condition. Here he received many commissions for travel posters and also worked as a landscape painter. His style was strongly influenced by Ferdinand Hodler and Emil Cardinaux. Koch created some of the most expressive Grisons travel posters of the early 20th century.
German-born Walther Koch moved to Davos in 1898 because of a respiratory condition. Here he received many commissions for travel posters and also worked as a ...
- Poster No.: 913
- Company: Tourismus Davos - Verkehrsverein Davos, CH
- Brand:Davos, Graubünden / Grisons, CH
- Printer: Graphische Anstalt J. E. Wolfensberger AG, Zürich, CH
- Size: 100 x 75 cm / 39.4 x 29.5″
- Printing technique:Lithograph in colours
Fairly good condition. Picture preserved. Wrinkles and small tears, if any, restricted to edges. Mounted on acid-free Japanese vellum.
- Publications:A Century of Swiss Winter Sports Posters
Affiches de Sports d’Hiver
Swiss Posters from Historism to Computer Design - Basel Poster Collection
Swiss Sport Posters
Touristikplakate der Schweiz - Affiches touristiques de la Suisse - Tourism Posters of Switzerland 1880-1940