CHÂTEAU D‘OEX – Suisse – Switzerland – Suisse
Artist: Spinner, Walther
Size: 100 x 64.5 cm / 39.4 x 25.4″
About this poster
This colourful, decorative original poster for Château-d'Oex in the Vaud Alps promotes summer and winter tourism with charming papercut silhouette scenes. This is significant in that the origins of paper cutting as a folk art in Switzerland lie in this very region. Traditionally, scenes of everyday life in the Alps have been depicted since the 19th century, such as folk dancing, the Alpine cattle procession and cheese-making, as shown on this poster.
- Poster No.: 3980
- Company: Verkehrsverein Château d'Oex, CH
- Brand:Château d’Oex, Waadt / Vaud, CH
- Printer: Marsens R. Lausanne
- Size: 100 x 64.5 cm / 39.4 x 25.4″
- Printing technique:Lithograph in colours
Very good condition. Picture preserved completely. Wrinkles and small tears, if any, restricted to edges.