About this poster
Pierre Augsburger for this advertising poster he did for Bally abandoned his usual romantic and feminine style to create this product oriented yet and effective design for male shoes. He portrays a dandy easily identified through his withe chinos and the dog by his legs admiring his reflection in the mirror.
Artist: Pierre Augsburger
Pierre AUGSBUGER was born in 1933, studied graphic design at the Basel School of Design from 1950 to 1955 and became the inhouse graphic designer for Bally. Augsburger received a number of awards for his beautiful Bally posters. After a period of further education in Paris, he worked for Ringier from 1963 to 1968 and then founded his own graphic design studio in Basel which he ran until 1978.
Pierre AUGSBUGER was born in 1933, studied graphic design at the Basel School of Design from 1950 to 1955 and became the inhouse graphic designer for Bally ...
- Poster No.: 3273
- Company: Bally Schuhfabriken AG, Caslano (C.F. Bally AG), CH
- Brand:BALLY Schuhe / Shoes, CH
- Printer: Trüb-Druck, Aarau
- Size: 128 x 90 cm / 50.4 x 35.4″
- Printing technique:Offset print
Excellent condition. Picture preserved completely.
- Publications:50 Jahre Schweizer Plakate, ausgezeichnet vom Eidg. Dep. des Innern - 50 years Swiss Posters selected by the Federal Department of Home Affairs
Im Laufe der Zeit - Bally - Plakate 1910 - 1992
Schweizer Plakatkunst - Swiss Poster Art - Die besten Plakate der Jahre 1941-1965