About this poster
This unique Bally vintage poster by Gerold Hunziker from 1935 is one of the most interesting ones for Bally. The design, colouring and imagery showing two female figures engaging in outdoor activities is strongly influenced by Soviet propaganda posters of the time.
Artist: Gerold Hunziker
Gerold Hunziker studied at the École des Beaux-Arts in Geneva and with André Lhote, among others, in Paris from 1919-1922. Together with his brother Werner he painted murals. His posters for the shoe brand Bally feature a picturesque and feminine style that corresponds to the fashion of the time.
Gerold Hunziker studied at the École des Beaux-Arts in Geneva and with André Lhote, among others, in Paris from 1919-1922. Together with his brother Werner ...
- Poster No.: 1763
- Company: Bally Schuhfabriken AG, Caslano (C.F. Bally AG), CH
- Brand:BALLY Schuhe / Shoes, CH
- Printer: Gebr. Fretz AG, Zürich
- Size: 127 x 90 cm / 50 x 35.4″
- Printing technique:Stone lithograph in colours
Fairly good condition. Picture preserved. Wrinkles and small tears, if any, restricted to edges. Mounted on acid-free Japanese vellum.
- Publications:Im Laufe der Zeit - Bally - Plakate 1910 - 1992