About this poster
A poster for Arosa with stickers with flags of all nations posted on this luggage, promoting their wishful thinking that the entire world would visit Arosa for winter sports. In 1936 the svastika was the official flag of Germany.
Artist: Alex Walter Diggelmann
Swiss artist Alex Walter Diggelmann (1902-1987) won three medals in art competitions of the Olympic Games. He was trained as a primary school and art teacher. After studying in Paris and Leipzig, he worked as a commercial artist in Zurich and designed numerous posters for sports and transport. From 1939, he was an art teacher in Zurich. His posters were characterised by a clear, figurative style.
Swiss artist Alex Walter Diggelmann (1902-1987) won three medals in art competitions of the Olympic Games. He was trained as a primary school and art teacher ...
- Poster No.: 3479
- Company: Verkehrsverein Arosa, CH
- Brand:AROSA - Graubünden / Grisons - CH
- Printer: Orell-Füssli, Zürich
- Size: 102 x 64 cm / 40.2 x 25.2″
- Printing technique:Stone lithograph in colours
Very good condition. Picture preserved. Wrinkles and small tears, if any, restricted to edges. Mounted on acid-free linen.
- Publications:Geschichte des Bündner Tourismus im Spiegel der Plakate von 1890 bis heute (Diplomarbeit)
Graubünden im Plakat - Tourismuswerbung 1890 bis heute
up to CHF6000 / EUR 6000 / USD 6000 (recommended price)