About this poster
This stunning and unique Art Deco poster for Arosa by the famous painter Edouard Stiefel is very rare and hard to find. It is one of the very few posters that Stiefel designed for Arosa and gives us a vivid impression of the picturesque landscapes and restorative stillness that tourists could enjoy here back then.
Artist: Edouard Stiefel
Edouard Stiefel was a Swiss artist who was educated at the Art School of Zürich (HGKZ), where he later became a teacher for graphic design. He was an accomplished landscape and portrait painter, stage decorator and book illustrator.
Edouard Stiefel was a Swiss artist who was educated at the Art School of Zürich (HGKZ), where he later became a teacher for graphic design. He was an accomp ...
- Poster No.: 3483
- Company: Verkehrsverein Arosa, CH
- Brand:AROSA - Graubünden / Grisons - CH
- Printer: J.C. Müller AG, Zürich
- Size: 102 x 64 cm / 40.2 x 25.2″
- Printing technique:Lithograph in colours
Very good condition. Picture preserved. Wrinkles and small tears, if any, restricted to edges. Mounted on acid-free Japanese vellum.
- Publications:Graubünden im Plakat - Tourismuswerbung 1890 bis heute