About this poster
Believe it or not, Switzerland’s first ski factory was founded in Glarus, one of the smallest mountainous cantons. Its eponymous capital, Glarus, was the hometown of Christopher Iselin, father of skiing in Switzerland and pioneer in high Alpine ski mountaineering at the end of the 1800s. This unique and historically significant original poster is a rarity from 1904.
- Poster No.: 602
- Company: unbekannt - no indication
- Printer: Kunstanstalt Künzli AG Zürich
- Size: 125 x 89 cm / 49.2 x 35″
- Printing technique:Lithograph, b/w
Fairly good condition. Picture preserved. Wrinkles and small tears, if any, restricted to edges. Mounted on acid-free Japanese vellum.
- Publications:Die Kunst des Skifahrens
The Art of Skiing - Vintage Posters from the Golden Age of Winter Sport